Comfortable Lodging in the Country
Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast near Andalusia, Alabama offers a unique alternative to the average hotel. Enjoy one of our four inviting guest rooms, which are all on the main floor of the home. Each room of our B&B has been designed with your comfort in mind. Choosing which room to stay in will be the hardest decision of your visit.
Complimentary bottled waters and assorted snacks are available at the coffee bar. The Keurig coffee maker is ready when you are, with various flavors and strengths. Tea and hot chocolate are also complimentary.
Included in each guest room is a USB charging port, iron and ironing board, and specialty soaps and shampoos.
In addition to enjoying your comfortable room, you may also choose to relax on the glassed-in sun porch with a beautiful view of the garden. An unforgettable swing will calm your spirit and rest your soul!
Standard with every room:
- Peace and Quiet
- A full home-cooked breakfast
- Bottled water
- Spa bath robes
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary snacks
- Private bath w/shower and/or Jacuzzi
- Cable TV
- Personalized soaps
- Free wireless Internet
Check-in is any time after 4:00pm, and check-out is 11:00am. Alternate times may be requested if available.
We offer competitive corporate rates for those traveling to Andalusia on business (single occupancy) Sunday through Thursday.
For more information on our current specials please click here.
To ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us, we have put into place the following policies. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
- Reservations: Once you have requested a reservation, you will receive an email confirmation of your reserved dates and packages. You will need to respond to this confirmation with the security code and billing zip code of the card provided. Visa Discover, American Express, and MasterCard are welcomed. If using a credit or debit card, you must provide a valid number with funds available one week prior to your arrival date. If your number changes or expires, please notify us prior to one week of your reservation. Should your card be invalid or declined the week prior to your arrival date, your reservation will be canceled and/or a $30 fee will be due. All reservations must be paid, in full, one week prior to arrival date.
- Rates: Rates are per night, based on double occupancy – taxes not included. Full breakfast is included. Rates are subject to change without notice. Active or retired Military, and full or part time ministers are welcomed with a 10% discount. This must be discussed at time of reservation. Only one discount per stay will be honored.
- Cancellations: A full refund, less a $15 fee, will be made when cancellation is received at least seven days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Holiday weekends require a 14-day cancellation. When a reservation is shortened or canceled on a shorter notice, regardless of the reason, all deposits may be forfeited. If reservations are made within a week of the arrival date, payment is due at time of reservation and is non-refundable. Those for whom we block out dates are ultimately responsible for room charges.
- Emergency Cancellations: In case of an emergency cancellation, we will issue a gift certificate for the amount of the reservation charges; card may be used for a future reservation within the following six-month period.
- Check-in/Check-out: Check-in is any time after 4:00pm. Check-out is any time before 11:00am. You may request an earlier check-in or check-out for an additional $50 charge. This request may be granted if the room is available for extra time. If you need a later arrival time, we will be happy to leave a note with instructions for a late arrival.
- Children: Please call for information concerning additional children in any given room.
- Pets: Please call for information concerning our pet policy.
- CLEANING FEE: For guests renting the entire house, a $150 common area cleaning fee can be added to the final bill if room is left in disarray. Please respect this older home as you gather with friends and family. Do not move furniture from room to room. Leave the home as you found it.
- Smoking Policy: Smoking is allowed outside only, and away from entrance areas. Cleaning Fees will be charged to your card for smoking inside the house.